Playback of Pre-Recorded videos must be practiced by the person who will be responsible for playback.
Playback quality of video depends on:
- The recording quality of the initial video
- The person's computer power who plays it back (special Graphics Card recommended)
- The person's Internet connection who plays it back (wired connection with 10 Mbps upstream recommended)
Zoom Meeting and Webinar both scale content down to 320p - 720p, so we do not recommend having Full HD played back.
There are also settings in zoom to Optimize Video for Full Screen Sharing. This setting is great for Full Motion video but makes PowerPoint text often illegible.
Testing Your Play Back
- Start Zoom (you can use your own free account, the OpenWater Zoom Integration is not required for this test)
- Click on the Record feature to start local recording
- Click Share Screen, chose the video to play back and remember to Share Sound
- Play the video for 20 seconds.
- Stop Sharing, and share again, this time choose to Optimize Video for Full Screen Sharing.
- Play again
- Stop Zoom
- Watch your recording and decide which quality is best (this step ensures your computer is powerful enough for playback and helps you determine quality)
- Repeat above steps, but invite a few colleagues to watch your test (this ensures your internet connection is stable)