There are many use-cases for our Judge Teams feature. Some customers use the term committees. Here are a couple reasons why you may want to use judge teams.
- You have different categories and you often have specific committees responsible for reviewing the submissions of their assigned category.
- You organize your judges into small groups to foster discussion among the submissions they review.
- You have a lead judge or award chair who is responsible for finding and managing a team of judges.
The above is the most common reasons that we see at OpenWater, but you may have your own reasons for organizing judge teams.
To create a judge team, first navigate to your program.
Under the Judging drop down menu, click Manage Judge Teams.
Click Add Judge Team.
Give the team a name to identify them and click Save.
Tab over to Judges and then click Add Judges.
Check the judges you want to add and click Add Checked. If your judge is not in the list, then click Add New Judge.
In our example below, we now have a team called Car Team that contains three judges.
Where to go from here?
- After creating your teams, you may want to configure your bulk assignment rules so that you can assign submissions to these teams based on your requirements.
- If you want to take your judge teams one step further and assign a lead judge or committee chair that has power of their team, see how to configure lead judges.